Monday, June 04, 2007

Behold! The Power of the Shark

I've never really done a blog that was essentially advertising for a product, but I am seriously in love with my latest purchase. I must share the knowledge, the power, the wonder of...the Shark.

The story begins with my nearly three-year old Dustbuster that was dying. You know what I am talking about...you keep it on its charger and one day it starts lasting no longer than 5 minutes. You just don't get it - you keep it charged all the time! Well, my electrical engineer daddy told me that would kill my Dustbuster, but I didn't listen. And dangit, he was right. So, remember this - let your hand-held vacs die before charging them again. Charge them fully, let them die, charge them fully, let them die. Follow that cycle and your electrics will have a much, much longer life.

Anyway, Macy's sent me a $10 gift certificate for my birthday (coming up June 22!) and I decided that I would spent it on a new hand-held vacuum. What a great decision. Bert and I decided on one that was consistently highly rated (and a reasonable price too!). Little did I know the joy that was in store.

After 20 agonizing hours of charging my new purchase, it was finally time to sweep. I swept some little piles in the kitchen and dining room and took out my beautiful new Shark. It did a good job, but I didn't understand the true fuss - just yet. Yes, I loved the powerful charge. Yes, it got up the dirt, but the true joy was still in store.

Matty, our precious cat, loves to take naps on our futon in the study. The cloth cover is tan and really shows his hair. Every week, I have to use about 10 sheets of lint roller paper to get up most of the hair. The shark, with it's awesome (included) motorized brush attachment, got up ALL the hair in under two minutes. And on the couch, where I couldn't get up all the tiny little fuzzies from using blankets, it made my red couch look vibrant again.

Yes, I am being melodramatic. But seriously, this is a great product, especially for you pet lovers! If you are looking for a new hand-held vacuum, look no further!

Labels: ,

posted by Anisa @ 9:14 AM |

1 comments

<< Home