Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Endings

You know that feeling after all the presents are opened on Christmas morning? It's that feeling that really hits right after lunch, when all the festivities are over...

You think to yourself, "That's it?"

It's always disappointing when something's been built up so high or you've spent so much preparation gearing up for something and then it's over. The bar has been set so high that nothing can truly satisfy that expectation. Or maybe it's just the sadness that something you've been looking so forward to is over. After all, half the fun is getting there, right?

Well, I'm sad The Bachelor is over. Laugh if you will, but I've looked forward Monday after Monday to watching strangers make complete fools of themselves in the name of love. It's mindless entertainment, and I am more than happy to watch!

I know The Bachelor is not a metaphor for life, but it does make me think about endings. I've had more than my share lately, and it really is no fun.

I think the biggest lesson I've learned is to not wish time away. Don't always count the days till Friday or till your birthday or until the series finale of your favorite show or whatever. Those days will come. I am learning to appreciate days as they come and moments as they pass.

"If only the next season of The Bachelor would start" or "If only my birthday was here so I could see if I get an iPod"...nope. I'm not waiting for it. I'm waiting for the small joys of everyday life. I'm in no rush to say goodbye again.
posted by Anisa @ 1:45 PM |

0 comments

<< Home