Monday, December 19, 2005

The Man In Black

So I finally saw "Walk the Line" this weekend.

Oh.my.gosh.

Run, do not walk, to the theater if you have not yet seen this movie.

Starring Joaquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon, this movie chronicles the life of country music singers Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash. Phoenix dazzles with an Oscar-caliber performance, as he nails the part of Cash. Quite simply, it was movie perfection.

I know I'm gushing, but it's been a long, long time since I saw a movie that made me go, "Now that was a movie."

I don't even like country music, so don't let that stop you from seeing this. Bert didn't want to see it and ended up loving it so much that I get to pick the next movie we see. Yippee! We will NOT be seeing "Aeon Flux" next, needless to say.

And my hubby couldn't stop humming Cash tunes, so I got him a CD yesterday as an early Christmas present. And surprisingly enough, it's growing on me too.

I know they won't all affect me the way this movie did, but to have a movie bring about just about every emotion in you is a very special experience. This has renewed my faith in film. So, here is my to-see checklist. Please offer any reviews on the following:

To rent:
"The 40-Year Old Virgin"
"Cinderella Man"
"Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants"

At the movies right now:
"King Kong"
"The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe"
"Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire"
"Syriana"
"The Family Stone"

I know I won't make it to all of these while they're at the movies, but they're definitely on my must-see list.

And, yes, I'm sure I'll suffer through "Aeon Flux" too.
posted by Anisa @ 9:38 AM |

27 comments

<< Home