Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Are You SAD?

This morning on "The Today Show," they were discussing Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Basically, the premise was that some people get the blues in the winter. The idea is that your body is getting less sunlight, and some people have a depressive reaction to lack of sunlight.

I'm not depressed, but I really, really don't like driving home in the dark at 5:00 PM. I don't like how 4:00 PM looks like early evening. It makes me so tired.

I truly don't understand the point of the time change any longer. I wish we could have nice, long days year-round. Wouldn't it be better?

So, yeah, there are nice things about winter. Holidays, presents, time off from work and hot chocolate top my list. But I am already tired of shivering all the time and the early darkness.

I know I complained about the crazy heat of the summer, but surely it was better than this.

Or was it?
posted by Anisa @ 11:15 AM |

16 comments

<< Home