Monday, November 28, 2005

Thankful

It's amazing how a bag of Dum Dum lollipops makes my little cousins so happy! Above is my adorable cousin Sommer. She is posing for y'all, as she was very excited about the prospect of being on Anisa's web site! I love you, Huckles!

Anyway, Thanksgiving was wonderful. Bert and I spent part of the time in Mississippi and the rest in Huntsville, Alabama. It was great to spend so much time with my parents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Mama's Thanksgiving spread was so delicious that I can't even put it into words.

And I made deviled eggs, pecan pie and candy bar pie! I was quite proud that I don't sleep until noon anymore. I am actually a productive human being now!

We also got some shopping done, especially in Huntsville. I got some really cute, really cheap jewelry at Charlotte Russe. I guess if you pay $4 for something it's bound to break. I have already had to repair a necklace and bracelet! Oh well...

But I will say the strangest occurrence of the whole weekend was the fact that many stores don't stock sunglasses in the winter. I dropped mine and scratched them at a football game a few weeks ago, so I needed some new ones. I went into McRae's in Mississippi (a division of Belk's) and asked where they had moved their sunglasses.

"Ma'am, we only carry sunglasses in the spring and summer," said the sales associate.
"But the sun is out year-round," I replied, dumbfounded.

The lady agreed with me, but it still took me a very long time to find decent sunglasses this weekend! Many stores didn't carry them, or they had a very limited fall/winter supply. I finally settled on a tortoise shell pair at American Eagle. Very cute.

And somewhere in between the overeating, playing with kids and watching my very first Indian movie, I realized how blessed I truly am. Before, I would've been angry to wake up to the sounds of noisy kids. But this time, I found myself eager to get downstairs and play with them.

How I miss everyone already.
posted by Anisa @ 11:30 AM |

24 comments

<< Home