Monday, November 14, 2005

730 Days

Two years ago today was the second best day of my life. That was the day that I met you.

I walked into your house, not knowing what to expect. I still remember that I had on jeans, tan suede heels, a cream-colored sweater and sparkly hoop earrings. You had on some earrings yourself, but for some reason, that didn't scare me. But I sure am glad those were removed within a month of us meeting!

I am so grateful to Julie for introducing us. She had no idea we'd end up dating or married, but here we are, two years later. I am so grateful to her for introducing me to my soulmate, my best friend.

We've had our ups and downs, but I wouldn't have wanted to go through any of it without you. It seems like we must've known each other for more than two years...I can't believe someone could know me the way you do in less than 1,000 days.

Two years later, and you still do sweet things for me. Just this Thursday, we had Romantic Thursday and you surprised me with a candlelight dinner. You so thoughtful, caring and helpful.

I do not feel alone in this world. I know that no matter what happens, I will have someone holding my hand along the way. I truly believe things happen for a reason, because we would never have met each other if it hadn't been for all our stumbles and falls.

My dear Bert, I love you more than I could ever find the words to say. Words are nothing without action, and I hope that I show you each day that I love you more than the one before.

And tomorrow night when we see Ben Folds, I hope he sings "The Luckiest." Because that's just what I am.
posted by Anisa @ 2:54 PM |

20 comments

<< Home