Thursday, March 23, 2006

That Color Looks FABULOUS On You!

I'm quitting my job. Come Monday, you will find me as the cosmetics girl at the Lancome counter.

OK, so I'm not really being serious, but I have had a terrible day at work. I am a perfectionist and send out emails that go out to hundreds of people daily. I have made a typo or left an attachment off or put something incorrect on every.single.one today. I have come across tons of mistakes. I am having a day when I feel I can do NOTHING right.

Every time I turn around, I see another typo...and I rarely make any stupid errors, so I am like WTF is happening today?

I'm convinced it's because I didn't make my bed this morning. My mom always had us make our beds, as her mom passed down that it was bad luck if you didn't. I haven't not made my bed in years probably. The ONE day I don't - I completely screw everything up.

In one day, I'm sure there are people that think I'm incompetent. I pride myself on being professional. I have looked like an idiot all friggin' day.

Never again will I leave the house with an unmade bed.

I keep having this fantasy where I wear the black jacket and too much make-up and push products on people so they have spent enough to get the free gift with purchase. Now that I have what I thought was my dream job, I realize I was wrong. Forget this career stuff. I want to be a make-up counter girl.
posted by Anisa @ 4:31 PM |

15 comments

<< Home