Sunday, March 19, 2006

When Worlds Collide

So I've got a picture of me and Lindsay from our fabulous dinner Wednesday, but it's on a disposable camera, and who knows when all the pictures will be taken...

Yes, Blogland, I know it's time for me to upgrade to a digital camera. After my beloved "regular" camera died unexpectedly this past week, I know my next purchase will lend itself to many more blog pictures.

Anyway, it was really amazing to meet a fellow blogger in person. Lindsay and I have a mutual best friend, Amber, so it wasn't a total stretch for us to meet. Still, I felt a little bit like I was going on a blind date. Would she like me? Would she ask Amber why in the world she was best friends with someone like me? What would she think?

Well, as Bert and I pulled up to Lauriol Plaza, I saw a petite blond through the glass doors. I knew it had to be Lindsay. I walked in and saw her standing by Amber, and greeted both of them with hugs.

We were insta-friends.

Lindsay is an incredible writer, but she's even more amazing in person. She's funny, cute and an amazing dresser.

Yes, we kept getting freaked out that we felt like we knew each other, but had never seen each other in person. Still, I think we both left knowing we had sincerely made a new friend.

So in our case, Blogland meeting Reality turned out to be a good thing. Lindsay, I look forward to seeing you again. You're definitely on my "friends to see" list when I come back to DC.
posted by Anisa @ 6:29 PM |

6 comments

<< Home