Friday, July 13, 2007

I Heart Paris (not Hilton)

I have wanted to visit Paris for as long as I can remember. I, like my grandmother, have always taken an interest in all things French. There's just something so romantic and beautiful that my mind conjures at the very thought of the France. I studied French in high school, as well as college. I have Eiffel Tower earrings, a French bracelet, two Eiffel Towers and an Eiffel Tower picture at home. My wall calendar and desk calendar, as well as some prints in the dining room are French as well. Bert and I recently went to see the Louvre exhibit at the High in Atlanta, and I have beautiful magnets of French art on my refrigerator now. You would be amazed at how well French, Indian and American decor blend.

Well, last night, I experienced something new. A French film...or rather 18 French films. Bert and I went to see "Paris, je t'aime" (Paris, I love you) at a new arthouse movie theater here. It's a neat place and I have been before because my work partners with them on a film festival. However, I had never seen a movie there before. We walked into the neat building, decorated in different shades of blue. The interior is very structural...looks very New York-ish. It's different than most movie theaters...they have a bar, reasonably priced candy and ice cream.

Bert and I got there a little early and were enjoying taking in all the sights and chatting with people we knew that were there. Soon, it was time for our movie. The film is really 18 short films directed by different directors. Some of the directors and actors were famous, others I had never heard of. All of it dealt with love in Paris. Although each short was about five minutes long, three of them really made me choke up. Three were crazy. And several really touched me. They were all really different; it was a beautiful experience.

This was such a fun evening and even though most of the shorts were subtitled, Bert was a great sport. What a great date night.

I really can't wait to go to Paris.

Labels: ,

posted by Anisa @ 8:59 AM |

6 comments

<< Home