Thursday, December 18, 2008

Graduation

So, tomorrow is graduation. After three years, I will finally graduate with a Master in Public Administration degree from the University of Georgia. I am excited, as this is the culmination of a lot of hard work and many nights and weekends. It will be nice to "just" work again! I am looking forward to reading for pleasure again, and am already considering pottery classes, knitting and more.

My parents are on their way right now, and my sister will be here in the morning. I am looking so forward to seeing them.

It's bittersweet, as the original plan was also for my aunt and her family to come, as well as my grandparents. Education was of utmost importance to my grandfather, and I knew something special was happening when they were planning a 6 hour trip because of me! But alas, it was not meant to be. My grandmother is in mourning, and my aunt is staying behind to be with her. What was supposed to be a party of 13 is now one of 5.

I started really aching for Abbu again this afternoon, and the tears are once again starting to fall. I pray that God grants me the favor of having my grandfather there tomorrow. I just have to believe that he will be watching.

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 4:38 PM |

6 comments

<< Home