Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful


The other day, I was in the car and heard the old song, "Do They Know It's Christmas?" It was a "We Are The World"-type song produced in 1984 to raise money for famine relief in Ethiopia. Basically, the message of the song is that there are people so hungry that they have no idea when Christmas even comes. I don't know why, but even writing about this song makes me cry. It is just a reminder that all over the world, people don't have food for dinner - let alone feasts for Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.

And so, this brings me to list some of the things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving...

1. Food. I have breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. Why can I never lose these pesky 10 pounds? Because I never have to go without food. Thank you, God.

2. Shelter. With the cold, cold weather outside, I don't let myself forget how lucky I am to sit in my heated house under a blanket. There are homeless people that are completely left to the elements. I am blessed.

3. Work. I am grateful to have a job. No job is perfect (after all, it is called WORK for a reason!), but I am so grateful, especially in these tough economic times, to have a job.

4. Love. I have family and friends that love me. I thank God for their presence in my life.

5. Abbu. My grandfather has had some health issues and there have been some big scares these past few months. I pray each day for his full recovery and am thankful for his presence in my life. I love him so much.

And so, there you have it. These are the main things that I am thankful for this year. Writing them down makes me feel humbled.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 10:37 AM |

4 comments

<< Home