Thursday, October 02, 2008

What Matters


Many of them were born in either India or Pakistan. For many, English is not their first language. But it didn't matter.

And although my cousins Naima and Sarah (above) are just "as Americanized" as you and me, many of the other people there were not. But it didn't matter.

The food was spicy and my aunt Subhui made sure she had some milder food for me. When I tasted the palau, my mouth was on fire. But it didn't matter.

We got home late and I felt tired this morning. Many gas stations were completely out of gas on our way home, and I started getting worried. But it didn't matter.

I couldn't have been happier. To celebrate with my extended family last night was the greatest gift I could have received. These are my people. That was all that mattered.

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 11:29 AM |

3 comments

<< Home