Thursday, September 04, 2008

Stranger

Over the past week, my internet has been on the blink and my phone was so staticky that I could hardly hear anything. Dealing with AT&T is not my favorite thing in the world and I was mentally prepared for more calls to them in an effort to get something done. However, when I approached my driveway yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised to see the AT&T van out front and a guy looking at the phone lines.

Bert was in class, so I plopped down on our swing in the backyard and chatted with best friend Katie. I really could hardly hear her because our neighbors recently got a trampoline and the kids yell at the top of their lungs while jumping on it every.single.day, but that's neither here nor there.

Anywho-wait I hate that phrase-AnyHOW, about an hour later, the red-headed AT&T man walks up the driveway and says he needs to check the phones in the house. Well, hello! I am scared of strangers! So what do I do? Well, of course what anyone with any sense would do.

I informed Katie she had to stay on the phone with me while the telephone repairman and I were alone in the house. Like a dutiful friend, she immediately understood and was happy to stay on hold with me. I had to show Mr. AT&T where all the phones were, so of course I came armed with my cell phone and keys. Did I mention my keys have pepper spray in a bright yellow holder on them?

I can see that Mr. AT&T is amused, but only later when I tell Bert about it do I realize how silly I looked walking around with my phone and pepper spray. But hey - no one kidnapped and threw me in the back of a van, now did they?
posted by Anisa @ 12:38 PM |

4 comments

<< Home