Monday, August 11, 2008

Little Luxuries

You know I love making a good list.

And according to Mary Straton, here's the deal: list 10 things that you can't live without, 10 things you CAN live without and 10 things you're really into right now. Forgetting the obvious (family, friends, etc.), your 10 things are to be the little luxuries that make your world go 'round.

I hope many of you will do the same!

So, for today's installment, I shall tackle the 10 little luxuries I can't live without:

1. My hair straightener. Right now, I own my very first Chi. However, it's really not any better than my previous hair straightener - a Helen of Troy titanium model. Yeah, I'm kicking myself for spending triple the price on my current one, but hey - I had to see what the craze was all about. Anyway, I must have a good, reliable hair straightener at all times. Can't live without this one for sure.

2. White Cheddar Cheez-its. NOT Reduced Fat. Give me the real deal and I'm in heaven. I love these bite-size pieces of cheesy goodness.

3. OPI Midnight in Moscow. My favorite part of cold weather? Dark nail polish, of course! This pretty much stays on my nails from October-February nonstop. It's dark, so I rely on my monthly mani/pedis to keep it looking just right.

4. Sharpies. I love the ultra fine point Sharpie markers. The new pens are great and they don't bleed through paper. I have a virtual Sharpie rainbow on my desk at all times. I got a 24-pack last year as part of my anniversary gift. That's how crazy I am about these! Perhaps it's the grown-up version of the 10-color pen I wanted so badly in 3rd grade.

5. Peanut Butter CLIF Kid ZBaR. Yum! Finally, a delicious organic energy bar! The kid's version has 140 calories - perfect for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon boost.

6. iPod. I still have the iPod Mini and will switch over to the Nano if/when this one ever dies (hot pink, of course). The Mini makes it possible for me to work out. Without it, workouts would be too awful to bear. :)

7. Internet at home. We've had wireless at home for a couple of years and just got a great, reliable desktop with internet. Life pre-Internet and post-Internet at home are vastly different worlds. Love being able to look up and print directions, menus and check my email whenever - and wherever - in my house.

8. Nine West heels. I have bought many a shoe, but Nine West makes the only heels I can wear and not be in pain. Good quality and a fraction of the price of Manolos, you'll catch me in this brand at least 4 days out of the week. My latest purchase: orange 3-inchers, of course.

9. Neutrogena Moisture Shine lip gloss. Glimmer is my preferred shade and is on my lips at almost all times - except for bedtime, when I switch to a great Burt's Bees pomegranate lip balm.

10. John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Smoothing Milk. Love this great hair product that keeps my hair smooth and super shiny. I can't find it at any stores any more, but luckily, I can still buy it from the internet.

So, there you have it - my perfectly frivolous and shallow list of ten indulgences. What are yours?


posted by Anisa @ 10:00 AM |

4 comments

<< Home