Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Z is for Zyzzybalubah


Ah, childhood Saturday mornings. My sister and I, like many of you, enjoyed the fabulous shows including my favorite, "The Muppet Babies." We would often watch "Pee-wee's Playhouse" too. It was the show that we didn't really love, but it came on when we weren't ready to be finished with our TV time. Therefore, we usually watched it.

Finally, one day, there was an episode that I thought was just fabulous. For those of you that watched it, there was this robot that would spit out the Secret Word. When anyone said the Secret Word, everyone screamed. So...the idea was that you would avoid saying what was usually a fairly common word.

However, one day the word was Zyzzybalubah, for a mean alien. He had somehow tricked Conky (the robot) into making his name the Secret Word. Of course, by the episode's end, he learns to make friends. Anyway, for some reason, I thought it was the most fabulous episode. I would then watch it week after week, waiting for it to re-air. I don't think it ever did. At least I didn't catch it. I was seven.

So anyway, the point of my final alphabet post is that whether it's Zyzzybalubah, making "soup" with my sister (mixing chocolate syrup with vanilla ice cream until it was "soupy") or walking up and down our front sidewalk in my bathing suit to impress my older 9-year old neighbor - it's these little things that make life so full, funny and sweet.

Here's to hoping this alphabet game helped entertain, inspire and remind you of something special in your own life. Thanks for being a part of something that helped get me back to writing more regularly and doing something that I love so very much.

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 2:31 PM |

3 comments

<< Home