Monday, July 07, 2008

W is for Wedding Anniversary


This weekend, my family celebrated my Grandparent's 50th Wedding Anniversary with a celebration in Atlanta. Their wedding pictures is above - isn't it gorgeous?

And here they are today, still the most beautiful people I have ever known - inside and out:


I gave a speech and thanked them for all they had done for me. They have been my second parents and words cannot express what they mean to me. I told them that while life is not a fairy tale, the time in my life that I have spent with them was so magical that it might as well have been in a storybook.


My mom and I put together a slides show. We literally spent hundreds of hours on it. It was approximately 180 slides and set to several songs. It was definitely a labor of love.

The weekend actually kicked off Wednesday with a visit from my favorite little munchkins, Sommer and Sam. We had a blast.

She LOVES to pose. Just like someone else I know. :)


BFFs

Thursday, my parents and sister, Sara, and her husband, Tim, came.


And Friday, July 4th, was the big day. See some pics below from the festivities:

My parents


I love wearing saris!


Maybe one day this will be in a slide show celebrating our 50th.

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 11:29 AM |

5 comments

<< Home