Thursday, June 26, 2008

U is for Unhealthy Loves

We all have them. They're the things that are oh-so Unhealthy for us, but remain our guilty pleasures. Certainly some of us have much more harmful guilty pleasures than others (that was a nag to all you smokers ha ha), but even the mundane can be detrimental at some point.

Here's a list of some of my unhealthy loves, divided into three categories: body, mind and soul.

Body
--Tanning. But I promise I don't do this very often any more!
--Taking Cherry Ny-Quil at least 3 nights a week. It takes me AT LEAST an hour to fall asleep without it and I really do love the taste of it!
--Chocolate, oh glorious chocolate!

Mind
--Reality TV. Namely, this refers to "The Hills" and "Keeping up with the Kardashians." This stuff really is junk for your mind!
--Reading Us Weekly every week. However, I have read more books lately. I am at least a little proud about that. I would like to wholeheartedly recommend Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. Amazing book. Lifechanging.

Soul
--Gossiping. There, at least I said it. It's more complaining than gossiping and it's all true! But yep, I'm pretty sure it still qualifies. Bad Anisa. I really do want to change this. I have a hard time getting over being wronged. Or at least the perception of being wronged.
--Not praying enough. There are bazillions of excuses. Busy, tired, lazy. All bad excuses. This must change too.

So, there you have it. Now that I've gotten it out there, perhaps I can get to work on remedying some of these. Of course not all of them, though. I can't be perfect, now can I?! :)

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 1:19 PM |

3 comments

<< Home