Monday, June 09, 2008

Q is for Quality Time



I'm back at work today, after 5 days in Perdido Key, Florida. Bert and I went with my parents for the second year in a row and had some great Quality Time.

My favorite part of the trip was sitting under an umbrella, reading and looking out over the ocean. There was a breeze the entire time, which made it just paradise. I laid out the first day, got mostly tan, but a little burned. After that, I decided to be responsible and up my sunscreen to SPF 50 the rest of the time and stay mostly under the umbrella, of course with trips to the pool. I think I must have been crazy to lay out for days on end for up to 8 hours when I was in college. What the heck was I thinking?

I am 2/3 of the way through Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and I am completely enamored with this book. I love it. One of my favorite books. Highly recommend. I love the conversational style and how much this book makes me think. I have been pondering life's "big questions" a lot while reading this. What do I want from life? What would make me the happiest? What is the point of all this? Good times.

My mom and I also went and saw "Sex and the City." This movie was FABULOUS! I was out of town when my friends went to see it, but I was determined to see it with a girl. Bert is grateful I didn't subject him to it. :) Seriously, though, if you are a fan of the show, I think you will love this movie. It was just what I wanted...and more! The critics are crazy - it's a perfect summer movie.

And so, it's back to the real world today. Work and then summer school. It'll be a long day, as my class doesn't end until 10pm - an hour from where I live. I opted to take this class on the satellite campus so that I will have just one class this fall while I'm studying for comps. I'll be glad then, but right now, it is not going to be fun - especially with $4/gallon gas.

Hopefully future President Obama will help us with the gas crisis. :)

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 10:51 AM |

2 comments

<< Home