Tuesday, May 20, 2008

L is for Lovey


L is for Lovey, one of the many names I call my sweet Matty. His first name is actually Mattingly, an homage to Bert's favorite baseball player of all-time: Don Mattingly of the New York Yankees. Most of you probably know the miraculous story of how Matty came into our lives, but if you don't, here's a quick re-cap.

Matty is the first cat I ever held in my life, almost two years ago. I loved him immediately. However, I didn't want to be hasty and we looked at some other cats. By the time I decided I really wanted him, this weirdo cat lady who wanted to put him in cat shows adopted him. It was awful. I cried a lot. A LOT.

Bert tracked Matty down for me and the lady ended up deciding he didn't get along with the rest of her cats. Yeah right. It was fate. It was a miracle. I have cried buckets over this sweet cat. I used to write for the paper here and wrote one of my columns about Matty. The lady who actually rescued him called me and told me about how he'd been abandoned in the woods as a little baby kitty. Bless his heart.

Now, this sweet cat has his own queen-sized bed. He is pampered and spoiled. He loves, loves, loves people and is usually purring. I have had many people comment that he is like a dog, in that he has loads of personality. This is not your average cat.

In honor of my sweet baby, I wanted to share with you all some of the many nicknames I call him.

Noo-Noo
Noonie
Love Angel
Angel of Love
Lovey
Love-Love
Baby Love
Choonie-a-Poo
Choon-Choon
Ozzy

No, I do not know why I call him these crazy names. What? You know you do it too. You know you call your pets loads of crazy names. You know you rock your pets like babies.

So tell me, readers. I'd love to know some of the silly names you've come up with for your furry friends children.

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 10:56 AM |

7 comments

<< Home