Thursday, April 02, 2009

Whirlwind

Anybody out there?

Started my new job this week...I am the Director of Public Relations for the public school system here. It's exciting and fast-paced. So far, so good!

What else...we celebrated Bert's birthday in Atlanta this past weekend, where we saw the King Tut exhibit and ate some fabulous food. Whole Foods is definitely our favorite lunch place, hands down. Sunday he ran his first ever half-marathon, and came in around 1:50. Can't remember the seconds off the top of my head. I was SO PROUD. I really burst into tears when he finished. What a lifestyle change!

Monday, we went to a surprise birthday party for one of Bert's co-workers. It was at this absolutely fabulous restaurant. It's in this little town about 10 minutes from our house...the chef actually comes out and talks to you. Gorgeous food, reasonable, fabulous. Just an overall fun way to start the week.

All in all, things have been great. My car is fixed, but we're still waiting on the house to be fixed. The azaleas in our yards are in full bloom. I absolutely love driving home to see the dazzling array of pink, red and white. Looks like something out of a fairy tale.

I am tired with all the long hours, and I know Bert is exhausted as well with work and night class. We are going at high speed all the time. Hopefully things will slow down over the summer!

But for now, we're hanging in there...trying to enjoy the crazy ride!
posted by Anisa @ 2:03 PM |

6 comments

<< Home