Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Heaven On Earth

Every weeknight, it seems there is something to do. Pottery class, working out, Junior League meeting, etc. And weekends seem full of plans with friends or catching up on what there wasn't time to do during the week. You know how it goes.

Well last night, I had a meeting that was canceled. I was thrilled; it was like I had gotten an evening of my life back! I thought through the rest of the week. Tonight I will go to the gym, tomorrow is a community service project followed by a meeting. But last night, I cleared my schedule. It was glorious.

First, I went to Papa Johns and got a large cheese pizza for $5.99. They run this special every Tuesday and I decided for my relaxing night at home, I would indulge in my favorite food. I also had two little Reese's Hearts for dessert. Not to mention the little mini candies left from the Super Bowl. I was in food heaven.

Not only was I eating yumminess, I did what I wanted. I called my dad and had a nice chat with him, and then I went to DVR-land. Bert was in class, but when he got home, he still let me watch "The City" and "The View" without even the slightest complaint. NOT ONLY THAT - but then we watched Vicky Cristina Barcelona, which I loved. Great, great movie. Bert's been under the weather, so he fell asleep. Well, I was not done with my fabulous night. I then watched "90210." I can't remember the last time I watched so much TV, and I have to say - it felt great. The house was still clean and I could enjoy all of this relatively guilt-free.

I then snuggled into bed and read a few chapters of Sophie's World, a novel about philosophy. And as I closed my eyes to sleep, I was so grateful. Grateful for a warm house, cold pizza in the kitchen and a happy home. Sure I'm back to the real world today and thinking about this scary economy and whatever else, but for last night - all was well.
posted by Anisa @ 9:27 AM |

4 comments

<< Home