Friday, January 23, 2009

Sweet Sixteen

My friend Lindsey tagged me via email, so I thought I'd post here. I love a meme, especially on a Friday!

Rules: once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged. (I am tagging anyone who wants to do this! I love reading these!)

1. I have a crazy memory. Not only do I remember most everything, my brain is also a cross-reference for celebrities. My sister and I share this quality. For example, if I see some character in a movie, I will be able to tell you TV shows, movies, etc. they have appeared in. Just last night, moments before I fell asleep, I thought, "Was Richie on Family Matters the same as Devon on The Young and the Restless?" Although I have not seen Family Matters in several years, I still remember the kid's name was Bryton McClure...and that on Y&R, Devon is billed simply as Bryton. A quick Wikipedia search confirmed that I was indeed correct. I am aware that this all makes me slightly crazy...and that is fine with me!

2. I love really, really dark nail polish. My winter staple is Midnight in Moscow. My little cousins ask my why I wear black nail polish, but I quickly inform them that it is a deep brownish-purple with hints of red. My nail tech wants me to also try Lincoln Park After Dark. If I really search my soul, I must sheepishly admit that I started wearing dark polish after admiring Lauren Conrad's. Yes, I love The Hills.

3. I love national politics. I used to work for a Congressman and that instilled a love for national politics in me. During the Presidential election, I was glued to MSNBC and developed a mini-crush on Keith Olbermann. I love how he tells it like it is! I am a little burned out now, but am sure I'll come back to news eventually.

4. I am very regimented. My mind is a constant to-do list. Every morning, I follow the same routine of shower/make bed/put on make-up/iron clothes/put on clothes/take vitamins/pray/dry and straighten hair/grab breakfast on the way out the door. The rest of my day is very regimented, as is my pre-bed routine. My week is set also...for example, on Wednesdays during my lunch break, I clean everything in my house except bathrooms. Thursday is bathroom day. Everything has its time and its regiment. Luckily, my husband is not as anal as I am, so that helps balance me out!

5. When I cook or clean by myself, I pretend I am hosting a show. I have done this as long as I can remember! I talk to myself when I am doing this, as well as when I'm in the car.

6. As I mentioned a few posts ago, I am taking a pottery class. I went to get extra help, and I am proud to say that I have now made 6 pots! They are all very amateurish and look like something you would see in a museum that was made in 8000 B.C. Believe me...I have seen pots that old at The High Museum in Atlanta, and that was before they had wheels and all the stuff we have today to make pottery. And mine don't look any better than theirs, but hey - I've been at this less than 2 weeks, so I'm OK with that!

7. I love, love, love kids! I always have, except for a short stretch in my early 20s. I already have my kids names picked out and no, I won't tell! I have mentioned before that I am obsessed with names. I have had Baby Name books since I was a little kid. So, when it finally comes time for me to have my own bundles of joy, I will know that I have chosen their names with much thought and care!

8. I am obsessed with all things Paris. It is my dream to go, and Bert has promised it for our 10th Anniversary. Can't wait. I know I've mentioned this before on here, but truly - it is a huge dream of mine. There are several depictions of Eiffel Towers in our house (3) and I try to read things in French before reading them in English. Je t'aime Paris!

And since this is getting long-ish, I will save 9-16 for my next post!

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 9:37 AM |

3 comments

<< Home