Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Think I Really Just Want To Watch TV

There are all these grand plans I have now that I'm finished with graduate school, at least for now. I want to read more, so I bought The Alchemist. Only problem is I have told myself I have to finish the last 2/3 of A Thousand Splendid Suns first. So, I keep putting it off. I don't know why. And then, I have all these other books I want to read - Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid, The Tipping Point, Life of Pi and maybe even Twilight. But just MAYBE on that last one. :)

I LOVE reading. I don't know what my problem is. It just seems with trying to work out more, that sucks up time. And then, I feel like I need to keep my DVR with at least 20% room, which is ridiculous. And then there's movies sitting there from Netflix...not to mention any social plans we have. Of course, then there's also cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc.. And then there's the pottery class.

Oh, the pottery class.

So, this is one of my other grand ideas: learn how to make and glaze pottery. I went to the first class Monday. I didn't have high expectations, but I had some. And, well, it was pretty awful.

My BFF from work and I went, both of us complete novices. The class was called Beginning Wheel. I confirmed with the owner of the studio that it was in fact for BEGINNERS. He said the instructors assume no prior experience. Riiiiiight.

We were supposed to be able to make these little pots after the instructor showed us ONE TIME. ONCE. If you've never done something, a one-time demo isn't going to cut it. And it didn't. And the instructor was not the nicest person in the world.

After I ruined my third attempt and my friend had stepped on her crooked pot, we were done for the night. All the while, other people were on their second perfect pot...and some were even making vases!

The instructor felt so bad for me that he made me a pot.

So, I guess my goal for this time next week is to have made my own freaking pot and have read more of A Thousand Splendid Suns.

I thought this was supposed to be fun.
posted by Anisa @ 10:34 AM |

5 comments

<< Home