Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Sommer!


Today is the 8th birthday of a very precious little girl: my sweet cousin Sommer! She is such a kind soul, a truly special presence in my life.

I remember the absolute joy that spread through our family when she was born. My aunt still remembers how everyone just started screaming with excitement. And she has brought joy ever since!

When she was one, I went to stay with my aunt and her family during Spring Break. I was Sommer's very first babysitter, and I remember reading Pat the Bunny to her. She was precious and I loved watching her "smell the flowers" and "pat the bunny." I also read Richard Scarry books to her and it was then and there that I coined what was to forever be her nickname from me: Huckles.


When I married Bert in 2004, she was a flower girl. And every visit I make to my Mississippi hometown includes plenty of time with her. From making stained glass to teaching her to play Yahtzee (and yes, she BEAT ME the first time she ever played!) to talking about Webkinz, I always have so much fun with her.

And so, on Sommer's birthday, I just wanted her to know how much Bert and I love her. Happy Birthday, sweet Sommer! May you have a wonderful day and a fabulous year!

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 2:53 PM |

0 comments

<< Home