Monday, December 22, 2008

Graduation In Pictures


What a whirlwind weekend! My parents came in late Thursday, and the festivities began Friday. I was happily surprised to look up in the crowd and see my uncle and his family from Greenville, SC. The procession and beginning of the ceremony was very emotional for me. I really missed my Abbu - the man who instilled such a deep respect for education in all of us.

Below are more pictures from the day:


With Bert, right before he gave me my first pair of diamond earrings! I couldn't have done this degree without my husband. He was so supportive, helpful and encouraging. Now we have two "Masters" in the house. ;)


With my parents and sister! I would not be where I am today without the love and support of my parents. Can't thank them enough.


Shaking UGA President Michael Adams' hand


With Sara after the ceremony...so wonderful to see her!


L-R: Kamran, Haris, Lyla, me, Aunt Saba and Uncle Shahab (my mom's brother)


Standing under the arches! It is tradition at the University of Georgia that only graduates can walk under the arches. After dinner, we went for me to have the experience...it felt great!
posted by Anisa @ 10:04 AM |

13 comments

<< Home