Friday, September 17, 2010

Traumatized

*updated 9/20/10

So, I got my hair cut yesterday afternoon. I usually wait to get it cut in my hometown by the most fabulous hairdresser ever, but our next visit will be so quick that I won't have time to drop by the salon. My hair had gotten too long for my liking...see below. Not bad or anything, but just a little too long and therefore too flat for me.

With my sweet cousin Naima on Eid

Anyway, I took a chance and went to a cute salon a street over from my house. I have had my hair cut there a few times before and it was always OK, never great. Someone new cut my hair, a cute 20-something. She was so sweet that she even curled my hair afterwards - something I (shockingly) had never done. I asked for 1.5 to 2 inches, straight across. Simple, right? Or so I thought. Well, I suppose curled hair covers up a multitude of sins.

Yesterday, when my troubles seemed so far away

Fast forward to this morning. I wash and dry my hair. Fine. I straighten my hair. NOT fine. I burst into tears. Bert was asking me if I wanted to make my college football picks and I just yelled at him to leave me alone. He did. You can't really see in this picture, but my hair is JACKED up, and far more was cut in 2 inches from the photo above (in my opinion). There is literally an inch difference in the front and back of my hair. That is why it is so awful. I can handle a little shortness, but I cannot handle that my hair looks like my cat cut it in my sleep.

You can kind of see the craziness. Where my hair looks like it goes lower, oh yeah, it is literally much longer. Ugh.

The saga continues. I am headed back to the salon in an hour. I said I wanted to see a stylist that had been there a LONG time. I may or may not have been crying when I said this. Yes, I am being dramatic. I just want my hair to look normal again, like below in Mexico. And that's where I shall mentally take myself until I can (hopefully) get this monstrosity on my head fixed.

Back when life was so simple.

Am I being melodramatic? Yes. Do I care? No. Updates to come later today. I need a miracle. Please help remind me that I only allow one person in the world to cut my hair. All hail, Paige.

Updates:

OK. So I went back Friday morning and a much, much better stylist cut my hair. I had two options: 1) chop off my hair another inch in the back to get it to be even with the front 2) angle the front weirdness to make it less obvious

I opted for 2 since my hair grows pretty fast and I couldn't bear to part with any more hear. Luckily, I just got a compliment at work on it. That helps, but I still scrutinize my hair every time I look in the mirror.


Me before the Sister Hazel concert Friday night. One side was flipping out weird, but the front of my hair is not actually uneven.


/vanity






posted by Anisa @ 9:21 AM |

3 comments

<< Home