Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy 30th Birthday To ME!

So, here it is - I am officially 30, and according to friends, officially "legit"! I have had a wonderful birthday so far. Friday night, we went out with friends for pizza followed by 80's music and dancing downtown. It was wonderful! And then Sunday, I was able to celebrate with my parents, sister Sara, her hubby and my precious niece Olivia. We were also able to celebrate Father's Day (I love you, Daddy) and Sara's birthday. And today I have been greeted with gardenias from my assistant, more birthday cards and tons of messages of Facebook.

I feel loved.

When I think back from the decade spanning 20-29, I marvel at all the changes in my life. I earned bachelor's and master's degrees, got married and moved forth in my career. There were so many changes in my life. I am happy with the person I am today. It's one of the best birthday gifts I could have ever given myself: self-confidence. Not to mention I'm back down to my high school weight! How glad I am to be 30 rather than 20! :)

I am blessed. I am so grateful for my friends and family who have supported, loved and encouraged me. I would not be where I am today without the people in my life.

Special thanks to my mama...after all, she is the one who did all the work 30 years ago!

And below is a vintage throwback to my 2nd birthday:

Dear Two-Year Old Anisa,

Be proud of who you are and where you come from. Life will have its ups and downs, but you just keep moving forward. You will find love and happiness in your life. Thank God for all He gives you. Love deeply. Remember that family comes first. Be happy.

Love,
Thirty-Year Old Anisa

Labels: ,

posted by Anisa @ 10:03 AM |

3 comments

<< Home