Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Three Years Ago

On November 14, 2003, I met someone named Albert. He had an eyebrow ring and earrings. He was not my type - at all.

But I just couldn't stop talking to him.

I was drawn to him instantly, and I had no idea why. We talked for four hours that night, about everything. I hated the name Albert, so I started calling him Andre'. And, yes, I kissed Andre' after knowing him less than 8 hours.

When I woke up on November 15, I was terrified. Was this person really supposed to be "the one?" No way.

Then why IN THE WORLD did we call each other the next day? And why did we become inseparable?

Because we loved each other. That's why.

The way Bert looks today - I always saw that. I always saw the goodness on his inside. People are shocked when they see him after this transformation, but I guess I always saw it. I always knew from the first moment.

Two months later, we were engaged.

Nine months later, we were married.

And when I woke up this morning, I was happy. I am so glad I made the decisions I made three years ago. It feels much longer than three years, and I guess that's because we're soul mates. I believe our souls were connected long before we knew each other.
posted by Anisa @ 11:18 AM |

10 comments

<< Home