Monday, December 04, 2006

Holiday Fun Stuff

It's finally not 70 degrees here every day, although the professor next to me makes my office ridiculously hot. Anyway, at least when I go outside, it starts to feel like Christmas really is at the end of this month.

Here's a fun questionnaire I got from Katie...


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?? Hot Chocolate...my favorite is Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Starbucks...they only add the red sprinkles this time of year, so go now! I've never even had egg nog...it sounds gross.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When I was little, my parents gave us the gifts under the tree and Santa filled our stocking. This is the same thing I tell Ariana now.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? All white...definitely not red, as those look demonic to me.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but I should! I should get a mistletoe hat and chase Bert around.

5. When do you put your decorations up? When I get a chance! I am studying for a final exam on Friday, so we will put up decorations this weekend.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? My mom's dressing...for sure!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: Gosh, I am not sure. I once got a GameBoy, and I was really excited. I think every year has involved me screaming and jumping up and down.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What truth?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I begged one year, and got to pick any present to open. I chose earmuffs, and my parents just laughed because they knew that was the smallest gift and the one I happened to open. I'm sure I could not conceal the disappointment.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? It is color-coordinated. White lights, and all blue and silver ornaments. The stockings are mostly red and green.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it for like 5 minutes.

12. Can you ice skate? Kinda. I have only ice-skated once.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Not really...I love gifts in general.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Seeing family and friends. I have to admit time off from work and school is very important too!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I love anything that involves chocolate and mint or chocolate and peanut butter.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? that I don't have to go to work or do any homework!!

17. What tops your tree? A bow that matches the ribbon that goes around the tree. Mrs. Beverly made it for me...it is starting to look squished, so I may need her to make another one!

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I really love both. I love it when I know I got someone something really good, and I love gifts in general for me!

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Bert and I just had this discussion. We decided there were two categories: modern and traditional. My favorite modern one is "Wonderful Christmastime" by Paul McCartney and "O Holy Night" is my favorite traditional. I just think you gotta be talented to sing that one. I also love "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear."

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or yummy? The Lifesavers ones are delish.

21. Favorite Christmas Movies? Probably "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer." I always miss it because they show it so early. CBS has probably already aired it this year.
posted by Anisa @ 2:20 PM |

4 comments

<< Home