Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Not Quite Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Today has been a strange day. Strange, but good.

I woke up feeling not so hot around 4am. I stayed home from work today...I felt bad enough to stay home, but good enough to enjoy it. So that was nice.

Bert found a job teaching summer school at another school in town. It didn't work out at his school because they gave the spots to the incoming and outgoing department heads, but as it turns out, the new job is even better. I was really happy.

Then I got a big fat bill from a gallbladder ultrasound. Oops...I did not fully understand that my new PPO insurance was going to be so much more than my old HMO insurance. Oh well. So that was kind of sad. But really, it's OK. C'est la vie.

But THEN, I found out I made a B in my microeconomics class. Now, my entire life, I can tell you that I have probably made around 5 B's on my report card. I am usually really disappointed when this happens. However, I am THRILLED. The professor was super nice, but the subject matter was like another language to me...like this foreign language that I could not comprehend, no matter how hard I tried. I studied hours upon hours for every test. I went to get help during office hours. I read the assigned work. It was as bad as high school physics, the only other class that gave me real trouble. I am just so happy I made it out with a respectable grade.

And so, now it is 3:00 p.m. I have barely watched TV. I have talked on the phone, spent too much time on the internet and cleaned some. It feels so great to not have any homework. And I am feeling much, much better.

I shall now go take a shower. After that, I am going to make a sour cream pound cake that I owe for a cookbook tasting. And following that, I shall either watch "Can't Hardly Wait," "13 Going on 30" or "Kindergarten Cop." That sounds like the best afternoon ever.

So today was a good day.

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 3:05 PM |

4 comments

<< Home