Sunday, August 26, 2007

Country Came To Town

Yesterday, Bert and I went to see the third installment of "Pirates of the Caribbean" at the dollar movie theater here. First of all, I forgot that I don't like these movies...but that was not the big problem. The problem was that some people just act ridiculous at the movies!

Take for example the 350 pound woman in the front row. She spoke at a loud speaking voice during the movie, which drove me crazy. At one point, she yelled to the people in the row behind her if they would go get a refill of her jumbo size popcorn for her. It was unreal. Unreal.

And then there was the little boy about three rows behind us. He talked the entire movie, loudly. He would say things like, "Kill them, already!" and "Why don't they just kill them?" and his dad (or perhaps grandfather) would not tell him to shut up. And Bert was not too thrilled when I tried to tell the little boy to shut up.

And so, I was sitting there, fuming, over the lady in the front row and the loud children - I mean, come on, people...a three hour movie and you bring your kids? It makes no sense. And then, Bert leaned over to me and said, "Baby, what is that phrase you are always saying about this type of thing...country come to town or something?"

I laughed so hard. That was exactly it.

And so, that was my Saturday afternoon.

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 11:52 AM |

0 comments

<< Home