Monday, January 07, 2008

No Way, Lady




It is always such a treat when I get to spend time with my cousins, Sommer and Sam. Because of them, I understand why so many of you out there post countless pictures of your children, nieces, nephews, etc. Children are such a joy!

We had a great time...they played with Matty, watched some of a movie, went shopping, etc. That night, we all went to Atlanta to have dinner and see our newest cousin...little 2 week old Zakir. I could just kick myself because I did not get any pictures. It was late and I was so tired!

Sam loves Bert and didn't want to have as much to do with me. I asked him if he would come sit in my lap and he said, "No way, lady." Earlier in the day, I teased him by telling him I was going to give him 15 kisses. He asked if he could have $15 instead. I love this kid. He also informed me and Bert that we were "in love." He is absolutely adorable.

And Sommer is incredibly bright as well! We were at Kohl's and she wanted some make-up for kids. I told her that her mommy probably wouldn't want her to have make-up. "Why does she get to decide on everything?" Sommer asked in exasperation. It was so funny...and she's only 6 years old. We played Go Fish together that night and sat and talked to each other in intense conversation for about an hour. She tells me about school and her friends. Several people remarked how cute it was that we were able to sit and talk as easily as two children or two adults might. How precious she is!

I love being a part of their life and watching them grow. How I miss and love them so!

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 11:54 AM |

2 comments

<< Home