Friday, May 22, 2009

This is me...now

Life is more hectic than ever.

My job is incredibly busy, but with school ending yesterday, I am already feeling relief. Being the Director of Public Relations for a school district with 22 schools in a high-poverty city is a challenge! But there are some truly incredible stories, and I am excited to get the word out.

People think I have great vacation, but I definitely do not. I have to come to work on Memorial Day (ugh) along with all my previous co-workers at the University. Boo.

But I am so grateful to have a job - and especially one that challenges me and that I thoroughly enjoy. I'm still trying to figure out this new thing called being a boss, but so far, so good. :)

What else...well, this weekend we have a few soirees - looking very forward to time with friends. And Bert and I need to go buy luggage! I'm going to DC next weekend for a bachelorette party, and at the end of June, we are going to San Francisco.

So.excited.

I also joined Weight Watchers on May 13, and I am pleased to report that at my first weigh-in after joining, I had lost 4.2 lbs.! I was thrilled. My personal goal is to shed 15.8 more. Having that accountability has made a HUGE difference. I never joined before because I didn't understand why you'd pay $40 a month to follow a program you could do for free on your own. Boy was I wrong! That accountability and support is everything. I'm really hoping that this is IT - the time I FINALLY lose the weight. Bert has been training me at the gym, so I am really hoping for some nicer arms when it's time for me to don a bridesmaids dress in August.

And so, that's life right now. Crazy.

OH - last weekend, we were in Augusta. Ariana had made me potholders. I asked her what they were for.

"Mother's Day," she replied.

I totally cried.

Life is good. Praise God for that.
posted by Anisa @ 1:54 PM |

0 comments

<< Home