Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Nursery

The nursery is now just about complete! We have letters to hang on one of the walls that we're waiting to hang. We can't have our friends stopping by this week find out the name early, now can we? :)

Bert made all of this happen. I think it's his dream room. I love it. He wanted a sports room, and I said vintage sports. And off we went!

See below for photos...



Pottery Barn Kids bedding. I am going back-and-forth if we should put the bumper on. Above the crib are real vintage New York Yankees pennants.


Above the futon (where I'm sure I'll be spending several nights!) are vintage-inspired football prints from both of my alma maters, and soon to be both of Bert's as well.


Navy refinished changing table. A red rug and curtains accent the room.


Mini-baseball bat autographed by Bert's favorite baseball player of all time - Don Mattingly. You may recall our cat is named Mattingly (we call him Matty). :)


Bookcase with new baseball knobs and all kinds of goodies.


One of the shelves with different balls.


Here's to hoping our son likes sports! If not, I suppose Bert will have to move these items to his future man room one day.

I like that the room isn't too babyish...it's very soothing and calm, but most of the items can be transitioned easily into a toddler and little boy room. And many of the items are keepsakes that I think our son will want forever.

Can't wait to meet him!

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 11:41 AM |

2 comments

<< Home