Thursday, May 19, 2005

Creature of Habit

I went to eat lunch today at this neat little restuarant that I had only been to one time before. I had the most delicious food last time I was there...black bean stuffed crepes. I have thought about them and knew if I ever went back, I would get those again. As I walked into the restaurant, my mouth was watering thinking about the delicious crepes. I am one of those people that when I go somewhere, I most often get the same thing every time. At Mexican restuarants, nine times out of ten, I order a chicken enchilada, beef taco and rice. At Wendy's, I always get a cheeseburger. There are restaurants all over that I had something really good one time and I get it again and again. But today, when I was at The Last Resort, I thought "what if I'm missing out?"

There it was...black bean crepes on the menu, but noooooo, I had to go and get crab cakes. I thought, I should branch out and try new food. Maybe I'm really missing out on some good stuff! They were pretty good, but a little too mayonnaise-y and onion-y for me. OK, so they really weren't the best. So, basically I sat there for an hour thinking in the back of my head, I should've ordered the black bean crepes. So, I figure, is it really so bad to be a creature of habit?

No way, I have decided. At least I'm satisfied every time I finish my "regular" at restaurants across the Southeast. I think that whole mentality has spilled over into my regular life too. I love routine. I do the same thing every morning, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I am very much a list person, a routine person. So, maybe I might miss out on something or another along the way, but I don't really care. If you've found something that works, why change? So far, I'm pretty happy with how things are going.

You can bet next time I'm at The Last Resort, I won't even need a menu. I'll know exactly what to order and exactly what to expect. And I'll be perfectly satisfied.
posted by Anisa @ 6:00 PM |

0 comments

<< Home