Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A Nonexistent Fall

Last week, I had on t-shirts. Last week, I sweated.

Today, I have on a sweater. I even have on the heater.

What happened?

Bert and I were planning on driving to Dahlonega, Georgia, which is rated as the most beautiful place in America to watch the leaves change. This weekend seemed perfect for the drive, but a friend told me she had heard the leaves were changing late. I decided to call someone in the tourism industry in the area, so once I found a number, I dialed and ended up chatting with this old man for at least 10 minutes.

He told me that hardly any leaves had changed, that there had been some snow and that leaves were already falling.

"Sir, are you saying that the leaves might not change at all?"
"Unfortunately that's exactly what I'm afraid of. I'd hate to tell you to drive all this way and be misleading. Many people that are coming are enjoying the area, but are disappointed because the leaves aren't changing."

Sad face.

Fall is a wonderful season. Last week, it was in the 70's and 80's, and I thought the weather was perfect. I knew true autumn weather was right around the corner. Now I'm not sure it's coming at all.

I guess this weekend I'll need to change my closets. Perhaps warmer weather will come again, but it's almost November. I'm afraid that fall will be a nonexistent season this year.

I just hope that it's a little warmer on Monday for Halloween. I wish for all the kids that they can wear their costumes without giant puffy coats covering them up, while princess and witch costumes merely poke out underneath.
posted by Anisa @ 10:16 AM |

17 comments

<< Home