Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Heeeeeeeeeeere's Johnny!

Bert and I are finally to a point where a married couple should be: rooting for the same baseball team.

I am in total shock.

Johnny Damon, the quintessential Red Sox, is now a Yankee. Is this the apocalypse?

My dear JD, I am sad you will soon have no beard and short hair. Doesn't George Steinbrenner know that most of your charm is your long hair flapping in the wind as you round the bases?

But like I promised Bert, if Johnny Damon ever became a Yankee, I would be a Yankee fan through-and-through. And I will keep good on that promise.

As I was awoken from a peaceful slumber this morning to hurry up and see the big news, I wondered what this big important news could be. I just couldn't even believe what I saw on ESPN and ESPN.com.

Don't get me wrong - I can barely sit through an entire inning of baseball before grabbing an Us Weekly. But when JD was playing, I would actually sort of pay attention. This means a tiny bit less complaining from me when baseball season starts again.

Bleary eyed this morning, my mind was still perfectly clear when it came to celebs.

"Do you think Matt and Ben are on the phone discussing this?" I asked.

Good husband that he is, Bert took a break from the intense Yankees coverage to discuss how this would be affecting Matt Damon and Ben Affleck at 7:30 in the morning. We're sure they're really upset.

But as for me, it's time for me to go shopping for some Yankees gear. It's time to start planning a trip to to Yankee Stadium.
posted by Anisa @ 11:05 AM |

11 comments

<< Home