Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Guster is OK


Well, they're a lot more than "OK," but that's what it said on the bumper sticker that Bert purchased at the concert. We had the best time at the Chastain Park Amphitheater in Atlanta hearing Guster. If you have not heard them, I highly recommend purchasing the CD "Keep it Together." That is my favorite. You may know their song "Fa fa" from a few years back and "I Hope Tomorrow is Like Today" from the movie "Wedding Crashers." Also, if you've seen the movie "Life as a House," their music plays throughout the movie.

We had awesome seats, and everyone around us was just sitting there digging into their coolers and just staring at the band. I mean, if you just want to sit there, then go home and put in a CD! I was initially very disappointed at the energy level of the crowd. But I didn't let that get me down. Bert folded up our folding chairs, and we made our little area a dance floor. We danced for hours, and had the best time. It was so.much.fun. By the end of the night, the place had much more energy, and I didn't even care that my legs ached from personal training and that mascara had sweated down my face. No siree. I was so happy to dance and sing along, as I knew every song. I felt so proud.

But mostly I felt proud that I had a husband to dance with me and say, "to hell with this heat...if I'm going to sit here and sweat, then I'm going to get up and have fun while doing it!" And that's exactly what we did.
posted by Anisa @ 8:51 AM |

4 comments

<< Home