Thursday, December 21, 2006

True Spirit of the Season

Life is good right now.

As many of you know, I write a column for the local paper that appears bi-monthly. My last column was about how much my life was sucking, and that my luck had turned to crap. I went on to say that I was trying to see the good...and that this season is perfect for that with all the pretty lights, Peppermint Hot Chocolates at Starbucks, etc.

Well, yesterday I was opening holiday cards, and someone had sent me a note thanking me for helping them to see the good in the season, and they signed it "A Loyal Reader." They also enclosed a $25 gift certificate to Starbucks and said I should go get a Peppermint Hot Chocolate.

I am still smiling thinking about it.

There was no signature, no return address. Just a thank you.

And that wonderful act of kindness has made me see things a little differently. Spreading a little kindness around causes a chain reaction, in my opinion. That person made my day, and I had a great attitude the rest of the day. Maybe someone was affected by something I did, and maybe not.

But I think if you put good things out there in the universe, good will come back your way.
posted by Anisa @ 11:53 AM |

5 comments

<< Home