Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Sweatshirt's Fault

About a month ago, there was a Georgia sweatshirt in the lost and found box at my work. It had been around for about a month, so it was going to be taken to the Goodwill. Well, I loved the sweatshirt, so my co-workers said I should just take it since it was going to be donated anyway.

And from that day on, everything got worse.

When I came to the realization that everything could be traced back to the sweatshirt, I washed it, and bid it good riddance as I dropped it back in the lost and found box at work. Almost instantly, everything started looking up.

I made an A in my class and I found my digital camera that had been missing for a month within 48 hours of returning the sweatshirt. I was so stressed about school, and sick about not being able to find my new camera. It was a miracle.

I am not sure who the rightful owner is, but I think there are two likely scenarios. It was either left on purpose because it jinxes the wearer or it was someone’s favorite sweatshirt and karma will only let that person to wear it with good fortune.

And so, once again, life seems good. The world seems kinder and gentler, and whatever made all of this happen - well, I am just glad it did.
posted by Anisa @ 3:18 PM |

3 comments

<< Home