Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Wishing You Lots of Merry, Happy and Mubarak

Hope all of you are having a great holiday season. Among other things, I got an awesome set of Emeril for All-Clad cookware that I had been wanting from my parents, and some great stuff including hot pink (my favorite color) earrings from Bert.

I spent some leisure time today checking lots of blogs, and I noticed many people have stopped blogging long ago or have deleted their blogs entirely. Sometimes I am so tempted to do the same thing. I was amazed at how many of you have left.

Sometimes you are completely caught off guard by the person who "gets it." My dad said that he rarely reads my blog because he believes this is my outlet, the place where I can go to and say whatever I want, uncensored. And, frankly, entirely too many people I know in "real life" know about this place.

But then, I go and read some new comments. And I see a new reader or two, and a really special comment by an old blogging buddy...and I am touched by the care and friendship among us in this blogging community. And then I remember how much this place means to me all over again.

Anyway, that being said, this has been a great 2006, full of lots of new and wonderful experiences. I will leave this year with a smile on my face, grateful for lots, including my wonderful family (with extra big hugs to my parents and Bert) and great friends, my kitten Matty, a new job, a new house, a new car and lots of amazing experiences.

Here's to 2007...may it bring peace throughout the world, and to us all.
posted by Anisa @ 12:39 AM |

9 comments

<< Home