Friday, February 16, 2007

Mr. President


In January, Bert and I attended a portion of the Carter Conference. Brian Williams (above - below the Carter photo) was the moderator. That's me asking a question to President Carter. Yep, he was really there and I was even on C-SPAN! I asked him about how the United States' support of Israel affects the United States' relations with Middle Eastern countries. He was very eloquent and knowledgeable on the subject. It was an amazing experience to have the attention of a President for a few minutes.

The whole event was very memorable, and made me wish so much that more people were like him. Carter started out in politics because the superintendent of the school system where he lived said he wouldn't allow blacks in public schools. Carter knew that was wrong, ran for superintendent and won. I think that is a great illustration of his entire career. This man has always been in it for the right reasons. It's clear he's one of a kind.

Labels: , ,

posted by Anisa @ 12:53 PM |

5 comments

<< Home