Thursday, January 18, 2007

Oh No You Di'i'nt...Drama at Kroger

About once a year, I let someone have it in public. Last night, this occurrence took place at the grocery store Kroger.

Bert and I were about to check out a bunch of groceries because inclement weather was on its way, and of course I thought we needed food in case everything iced over. Well, we had about 20 things in our buggy, and he was trying to see if an open lane was Express or not. Well, we just couldn't tell, so we went to the next aisle because we wouldn't want to go in the Express lane with too many items.

Then, out of nowhere, this fat, nasty, white trash, redneck man yells something about having to wait until we finally moved out of his way. It was loud and rude and completely uncalled for.

Oh no he di'i'nt!

When people are with Bert, they have a tendency to have a "$10 mouth and a $3 (something else)," according to him. Well, that is of course because you would not want to mess with him.

So, I start saying very loudly, "I KNOW you did not just say that to me! I suggest you shut your mouth!" etc.

Of course he and his equally lovely wife did not turn around again.

Was I being mean? Yeah, I was.

Did it feel good and make me feel as if I'd purged myself of everything I might have been carrying since I purged myself at another incident at Wal-Mart in early '06?

It felt awesome. Free therapy at Kroger, my friends. Free therapy.

Stay tuned...I'm sure I'll have another similar experience in early 2008. I only allow myself to act a fool in public once per year.
posted by Anisa @ 1:36 PM |

6 comments

<< Home