Thursday, April 05, 2007

16-30

So, here's the next installment of my hopeful accomplishments. There's no specific timeline, but maybe if I get these down, it'll give me a little nudge. 30-43 coming soon...

16. Have more girl time. As a married woman, it's so easy to let friendships go by the wayside. Bert and I are both trying to add a little more "friend time" to the equation. It makes for a much healthier relationship.
17. Make a piece of pottery. Mama and I have plans for this next time I'm in Mississippi.
18. Sing karaoke. Nope, never done this. It's a must-do.
19. Obsess about stuff less. I am such a worrier.
20. Score an 80 when bowling. Geez, I'm terrible at bowling, but I still love it. Must get better.
21. Let go and let God. Easier said than done, but always the best policy. The catch is doing your part, but realizing that God will do His if it's to be.
22. Be on time more. I am SO SO SO terrible at being on time. I don't know what I'd do if I worked somewhere that was rigid about what time I get to work. They don't care as long as you put in your hours - works for me! But still, in general, I have got to get better.
22. Forgive. I sure love to hold onto grudges and hold on to the past. I need to let bygones be bygones.
23. Be happy with my weight. And if I'm not happy, do something to get happy about it. Like lose these 10 freaking pounds I keep meaning to get off.
24. Spend more time outside. I'm not an outdoorsy kind of girl, but it is so beautiful this time of year. I should breathe in more fresh air.
25. Drink more water. I probably have about 4 glasses a day, and I need to double it.
26. Change doctors. Mine is not being very helpful, and it's up to me to be in charge of my health. I had an ultrasound of my gallbladder Friday because I've had a lot of tummy aches laterly, and he STILL hasn't gotten back to me. The radiologist technician said he would have the results Monday. This is the final straw.
27. Be the internet less at home. I have all day to sit in front of a computer; I don't need much time on the internet at home. I should spend more time talking and living life, rather than staring at the computer. My work emails can wait until the next day.
28. Keep standing up for me. When I became proud of who I was and stopped being so self-conscious, everyone else did too. It's up to me. And I don't have to keep my mouth quiet when I think something is wrong. I had someone say to my face after Katrina that they essentially thought those people deserved it because of their sinful ways. Today, I would speak up against that kind of thinking.
29. Be more spontaneous. I am a gigantic planner. I need to leave room for spur-of-the-moment things.
30. Buy a houseplant. There's nothing that can duplicate a real, live plant. It just adds more life to a place. But then, my cat may try and eat it like he does when he can get to fresh flowers...

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 4:04 PM |

3 comments

<< Home