Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Birthday Buildup


On Monday, June 22, I shall celebrate the last birthday in my 20s. That is such a crazy thought. Right now, I am in the giddy pre-birthday phase because I am so looking forward to this weekend. That's right - Bert and I are going to see "Jersey Boys" at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta on Saturday night. I can't wait! I have high hopes because I really like the music of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons...I think it'll be a lot of fun. And pre-dinner, we're going to the Sundial Restaurant, a.k.a. what my little cousin and I used to call the Revolving Restaurant. I am excited to enjoy a fabulous meal high above the Atlanta skyline.

And, well, I've seen a few boxes on our front steps, so I have a feeling I'll be getting some birthday loot Monday as well. This is already shaping up to be a mighty fine birthday.

I'm trying to savor all the moments of anticipation, like deciding what to wear (check!). I know it'll be lots of fun, but I also have learned in my nearly 29 years to enjoy each moment as it comes, as planning and preparing for something fun is as much a part of the experience as the actual event. And I don't want to miss a minute of it.

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 11:23 AM |

1 comments

<< Home