Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Aunt Nisa...Well, Almost

I can't believe I am going to be an aunt! That's right...my LITTLE sister is having a baby! I can hardly believe it. AND...it's going to be a girl! I love love love baby girls. I plan on being the one that interjects lots of pink and frou-frou-ness into her life. :)

Sara and her husband recently moved two hours from my house, so immediately I thought BABY SHOWER! And that's just what I did. We have a lot of family that lives within 1-2 hours of my house, so it was a great central location.


She got some of the cutest stuff...those tiny clothes are really something. And the cake - isn't it amazing? Mama and I did most of the food - Asian salad, chicken salad croissants, black-eyed pea salsa, fruit and cream cheese dip, mini parathas (Indian bread), spinach dip and more. My grandmother made kabobs and gulab jamuns (an Indian dessert), my great-aunt made delicious potato samosas and my aunt made brownies. It was all delicious! I am hungry just thinking about it!

Sara loved her gifts...she really racked up. After opening her gifts, I had all the mothers go around and give her a bit of advice. It was all very sweet. My favorite was when Sara said that she wanted to do what our mom did and make "everything magical." She talked about how in thunderstorms, we would go sit on the porch and we were allowed to play in rainshowers...just how everything was special. And it was.

Mama, Sara and Me

It was a lovely weekend, and I can't wait to be Aunt Nisa!

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 2:57 PM |

5 comments

<< Home