Sunday, August 16, 2009

From Miss to Mrs.


Bert and I recently took the loooooooooong trek to Hot Springs, AR for a dear friend's wedding. My friend Amber and I met while we were interns in DC and just hit it off. We moved back up right after college and lived in the same building. She was one of my bridesmaids when I got married 5 years ago...wow 5 years!

So, since it was around an 11 hour drive, we decided to break it up on the way there. We stopped in Memphis to visit Bert's BFF and his wife. LOVE THEM. It was a blast. The next morning, we got up and drove to Little Rock to see the Clinton Library. It was amazing to see the history and his accomplishments. What prosperity and goodwill we had around the world!

Bert pretending to be Mr. Prez

They did an excellent job with the library and then we found a cute seafood dive right down the street called the Flying Fish. Highly recommend. After that, purchasing some Jackie Kennedy paper dolls for me and scoring some red velvet cupcakes, we made the final 2 hour drive to Hot Springs.

The rehearsal dinner was at the country club and the and the bride was radiant. We had such a fun bridesmaids brunch the next morning and I got my hair "did." It had been a LONG time since I had a professional updo, so that was fun. The wedding was very nice, the bride was gorgeous and the reception was spectacular. It was definitely one of the best times I've ever had at a wedding. Just a blast...and the couple was so happy.

Bridesmaid's Butt Broach Assembly Line


Me with "Cousin" Emily

Me and the beautiful bride!

And so, all in all, it was a great weekend. But I am DEFINTIELY ready for a weekend with zero plans, as you can tell from this and the previous two posts that I have had three jam-packed weekends in a row. I need a break!
posted by Anisa @ 3:06 PM |

2 comments

<< Home