Sunday, January 03, 2010

2009 In Review

Shamelessly stolen from LT! :)

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Visit the East Coast
2. Did you keep your New Year’s Resolutions in '09, and have you made some for '10? My goal is always to lose 10 lbs. I lost 9. I gained most of them back. Here we go YET AGAIN.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes! My sister gave birth to my precious niece, Olivia. I also had several good friends/family members give birth too.


4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes. Lora DeFore, my former professor and great inspiration passed away a few months ago from cancer. I am so happy I was able to tell her what she meant to me.
5. What countries did you visit? Didn't leave the U.S. However, I did go to San Francisco, which was my first time to the East Coast. Amazing!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Abs
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? When my niece Olivia was born (Oct. 10)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting a fabulous job!
9. What was your biggest failure? Gaining those pesky 9 lbs. back.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had a horrible ear infection at one point, but that was about it - thank God!
11. What was the best thing you bought? My iPhone (although Bert would disagree because I am too obsessed with it) and a pair of perfect-fitting jeans at Ann Taylor Loft

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Bert! He was able to get an assistantship and fellowship while working on his Ph.D.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Sarah Palin, all kinds of psychos in the news, the plotline to Precious, etc. etc. Personally - well, some things are better left unsaid. :)
14. Where did most of your money go? Living expenses and savings
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Visiting San Fran, going to the mountains for a quick getaway and time with family and friends
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? "Right Round" by Flo Rida
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? happier (b) thinner or fatter? Always the same! (c) richer or poorer? a little richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? getting up early/going to bed early/praying
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? thinking about the future and not living in the present
20. How did you spend Christmas? With my family!
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Yes. I fall in love each year with my Bert.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Lost

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No...no one new. :)
24. What was the best book you read? "The Help" - HIGHLY recommend
26. What did you want and get? Happiness.
27. What did you want and not get? To end the battle of the bulge.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? "Avatar" - do NOT miss this movie in 3D!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 29. I saw "Jersey Boys" and ate at the Sundial Restaurant - a GREAT birthday!
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? If my grandfather would still have been alive
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Ann Taylor Loft with some funky accessories
32. What kept you sane? Bert, Mama, Prayer
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Bradley Cooper. After "The Hangover," Bert said he would go get a black button-up to wear with his black suit. Love my man. ;)

34. What political issue stirred you the most? Anything dealing with small mindedness. I shall leave it at that.
35. Who did you miss? Abbu, of course. I miss him every day.
36. Who was the best new person you met? My two new friends - both Jennifers!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. With hard work, anything is possible. Sometimes you just have to have faith that things will turn around and keep on keeping on.

2009 was good to me. Looking forward to a hopefully even-better 2010!

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 2:09 PM |

3 comments

<< Home