Friday, December 11, 2009

Destiny

I searched high and low for these gorgeous and most perfect boots above. I'll spare you the gory details, but between them being sold out online and not in my local Target or five other stores I called (that showed up as having them in stock), I was sad. Oh, and they are discontinued.

But I am relentless.

You know how it is...I had already envisioned a bajillion outfits - all dependent on the glorious boots above. If only I had them, I would always have something cute to wear for a variety of occasions. I was on the verge of writing a post begging all my blog readers to scour their local Targets for the Mossimo Kady boot in cognac, size 7.5.

They had to be my destiny. I even bit the bullet and bought leggings a few weeks ago (recommend Hue brand sold at Belk's) and a fabulous tunic at Francesca's Collections. But, alas, how could I wear this without the boots above? And did I mention they were a mere $30?! Anything remotely close was in the $150+ range online.

I found my size in black at a store 20 miles from my house...but the black looked like plastic. However, they were a great fit, and that's what I really needed to know. I had already seen the ones I wanted, but in a size too small, so I knew the material was quality.

On a whim, I called the Asheville, NC target, as my sister lives in the area.

Cue overly dramatic music.

THEY HAD THEM!!!

Sara went and picked them up for me. Precious sister she is!

Next up: the perfect pair of skinny jeans. Don't worry; I'm not delusional - there is a difference in the kind of skinny jeans high school/college girls can wear and a woman near her 30s can wear (how am I near 30?!)...so I will make sure they are appropriate.

Don't you just love a happy ending?

Labels:

posted by Anisa @ 3:29 PM |

7 comments

<< Home