Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pete Yorn

Last night, I went with my dear friend Misha to hear Pete Yorn at a local dive. It was incredible! If you don't know Pete Yorn's music, you should definitely check it out. My favorite of his CDs is musicforthemorningafter. I was pleasantly surprised that he played tons of songs off that album, as it was his first album and he's now on #5 I believe.

Music is soothing for the soul...I had an absolutely fantastic night.

And so, I got to thinking about all my favorite concerts. And I love lists, so I decide to make one right here. Here are my favorite concerts in rank order:

1. Guster at the Georgia Theatre (Hello, I met the lead singer of one of a band that I adore that night. It was amazing!)
2. Coldplay: X&Y Tour at Philips Arena
3. Rolling Stones at the Georgia Dome ('97 or '98...somewhere in there. My parents checked me and my sister out of school. Awesome.)
4. Ben Folds at the Tabernacle
5. Guster at Chastain Park
6. Better than Ezra at Rick's Cafe (This was many, many moons ago...got to meet them too! They do a great live show.)
7. Pete Yorn at the 40 Watt
8. Charlie Mars at Rick's Cafe (Fun college memory)
9. Page & Plant (Can't remember exactly where...some place in Tupelo, MS...another excursion with the parents)
10. Better than Ezra at the Mississippi State Amphitheatre ('97 or '98 - such a fun night with my high school girlfriends)

And there you have it. What's your favorite act to see live?

Labels: ,

posted by Anisa @ 3:21 PM |

5 comments

<< Home